Followers

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Feet In The Sand- a poetry collection


I have now  put 30 of my favorite poems into a collection that can be found on lulu.com.
Titled "Feet In The Sand", it can be purchased for only $7.00 in paperback form.
Here is a preview of what is in the book. I hope it will inspire you to buy the collection.
Just click on the image of the book on the right side. Thank you for reading my blog!


REMEMBER ME

They say one so young is but a child
Of life you do not know
But in my eyes it matters not
Your beauty freely flows

All I can do is think of you
Though I know I have no right
Quiet manner and gentle way
Has drawn me to your light

Walk life's path
A spirit free
Simply strangers whose paths have crossed
But please remember me





STAYING IN

A cold wet rain falls unceasingly
From dark and clouded sky
A cozy throw and favorite book
That's ok, I'm staying in today.

Lending escape to a warmer place     
Where ocean birds are calling
Losing myself in bright sunny dreams
And sultry ocean breezes stir.

The sound bouncing from sheer cliffs
Foaming and hissing steadily
Dropping down to pounding waves
Sending echoes through the heart.






HOME


Tall white sandstone sentinel
Seen for miles around
Sits among ocean-smoothed rock
At edge of tiny town

Listening to cry of shore birds
Wandering down low hills
Hearing crash of wild waves
On white washed wooden docks

Ferries cruise across small bay
Drifting flotsam within it's wake
Walking beneath a gold-sun sphere
I'll never leave this tiny place







FOR MARY


Shells are like poetry
Sea- jewels in deep oceans turf
Jah has allowed us to have
Sent to us in pounding surf.
I walk along the shifting sand
And sit upon the sun drenched strand.
I look upon these treasured gifts
And ponder wild sea- swell drifts.
Sometimes wild, sometimes calm, 
A presence that is a healing balm.
We join together to face the strife,
we weather this temptous stormy life.
So my friend remember please,
You are a true friend that has no price.
Just like these tiny shells,
Your friendship will more then suffice.
No power on earth can take this away.

No comments:

Post a Comment